Sunday, October 10, 2010

apology the third


Most profuse apologies (again) for my lack of updates over the past few weeks. I'm no better at sticking to this resolution than I've been with any other in my life, and can only offer the excuse that the past while has been manic; grappling with the intricacies of French bureaucracy at least once a day, attempting to craft an appropriate timetable from more or less nowhere, and far too many nights out. The latter feels like something of a contradiction in terms, as they've all been fun without exception, but I fear my insides have begun to plot against me. The combination of vin mousseux for €1.09 and my paltry eleven acadamic hours a week may well have me out of commission soon. 



As such, I've been planning a few things to keep myself occupied over the next month or so (sure the drink is a curse). These include a journey to Poitiers next weekend to see my best friend, a visit home for Halloween (search for costume remains unfruitful, but I'm clinging to hope), and Arcade Fire in Lyon at the end of November, which ought to be wonderful, not least because they've sold out at home. French hipsters don't ever allow anything sell out. Insouciance is the order of the day, goddamn it.


No comments:

Post a Comment